Frequently Asked Questions
What are the check-in rules?
- Appointments are required. Please call 72 hours in advance.
- All gasoline levels must be under 1/2 tank.
- Set of keys must be left for any vehicle or motorhome.
- No external propane tanks are permitted.
- Batteries must be disconnected upon parking.
- No portable gas tanks are permitted.
- All units are measured in total length including trailer.
How do I reserve a spot?
To reserve a space, we require a deposit of the first month’s rent. This is applied to your lease at the time of move-in.
Are deposits refundable?
Deposits are not refundable as we guarantee to hold your space for the season with no deadlines for move-in.
What are the costs of storage?
View our Pricing page for specific information on car, boat, RV, camper, personal watercraft, and motorcycle storage pricing.
How are units measured?
Units are measured from tongue to tail. Boats are measured by the longest points, whether it be the boat or the trailer that it is on.
How should I prepare my vehicle for storage in an underground facility?
- Fuel levels should be less than ½ of tank.
- Remove any external propane tanks
- Spray your interior with Lysol
- We recommend using a desiccant product (we sell Damp Rid products in our office)
- Bring your unit to storage clean and dry
- Remove all food items and garbage from your unit
- All motor vehicles are required to leave an extra set of keys in our office
Do you have Saturday and late-night hours?
Yes, we have extended vehicle storage hours in the spring and fall which include Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings.
Do I need a reservation to bring my vehicle in or to remove it?
To best serve you, we ask for a 72-hour notice. If possible, we will make accommodations with less notice.
What happens if I don’t have a reservation and just show up?
In order to best serve all of our guests we schedule designated appointments each day and manage staff levels based on our daily schedules. We will do our best to accommodate unexpected guests into our current schedule, but you will be charged a $75 walk-in fee.
Do you provide any extra services?
We offer a valet service to move your unit in and out of the underground facility, monthly start-up for all vehicles, mid-season unit checks for desiccant product changes, adding fuel stabilizer, and tire checks all for nominal fees.
Do I have access to my unit once it is in storage?
There are no problems visiting your unit while it is stored in our facility, but you must schedule an appointment in advance. Unfortunately, we cannot allow any maintenance on units while they are in our facility for insurance reasons.
Can you remove my unit for me?
We will gladly remove units for customers under our Valet Service for a nominal fee.
Can you assist with inflating my tires or jumping a dead battery?
Our attendant trucks are equipped with air tanks and jump packs to assist with low tires and dead batteries.
Can you put fuel stabilizer in my unit?
Adding fuel stabilizer is part of our Extra Services for a nominal fee.
Do you sell products to minimize humidity & mold problems?
We have an array of Damp Rid products that minimize humidity and mold as well as stabilizers and cleaners for sale in our office.
What is the difference between Climate Controlled and Unconditioned Storage?
Climate Controlled Storage is our premium storage option. The controlled environment offers a low humidity and consistent temperature level that virtually eliminates the chance of mold & mildew (65 degrees and 65% relative humidity).
- Our enclosed temperature and humidity controlled storage rooms are painted and well lit.
- All units are periodically checked to ensure client satisfaction.
- Convenient monthly billing options are available
- 5-month minimum lease requirement
- We can accommodate heights up to 11 feet.
- We strongly recommend our climate controlled storage to avoid any risks of mold & mildew.
Unconditioned Storage is a budget-friendly underground storage option available for boats, campers, and RV’s. The temperature is at a constant 54 degrees, making winterization of your vehicle unnecessary. The humidity in this section is significantly higher. Mold and mildew can be possible in this type of storage.
- Our unconditioned storage is available September 1st – June 1st.
- 5-month minimum lease requirement.
- Maximum height is 12’. Units over 10’8 have an over-height surcharge included in the monthly rent.
- We highly recommend utilizing a desiccant product to reduce moisture within your unit.
Do you provide military discounts?
Brady’s Bend proudly supports our military offering a 10% discount for all active duty and a 5% discount for all veterans with valid ID showing status. There are also long-term lease options for deployed military.
Am I allowed to combine discounts?
Discounts cannot be combined.
Can I receive a quote for long term storage?
Upon request we can create a quote to accommodate your needs and requirements.
Does someone take me in and out?
You will be guided in and out of the facility by an experienced storage attendant who will guide you to your location and assist you with your unit if necessary.
Can I get lost?
Yes, we leave breadcrumbs throughout the facility and our magical Cave Gnomes are strategically placed to help you if ever you get lost. Their psychedelic glowing rainbow beams will guide you to the surface if you ever decide to leave their warm glow. Many people live forever in our magical kingdom, fancifully skipping their days away throughout our mushroom tufted palace.
What if I’m claustrophobic?
We will gladly valet your unit in and out of the facility for you for a nominal fee. We are here to make this simple and easy for you.
How old is the mine?
The mine was opened in 1909.
What type of mine is this?
This is a limestone mine formed from the Vanport limestone seam.
How big is this mine?
The mine is over 50 million square feet and encompasses over 600 miles of road underground.
- Since 2003 there has been over 3 million dollars invested in facility improvements including new entrances, docks, storage rooms, offices, water and sewage, backup generation, computer/phone systems and a fiber/electrical backbone.
- The mine had been in constant production for 100 years and has been owned by the Bruce Family for over 60 years
- Our Storage Attendants are all figments of your imagination leading you to your innermost dreams and desires