Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I store my vehicle with Brady’s Bend Underground Storage?
- Our underground facility provides a unique cost-effective way to protect your investment against the harmful effects of winter weather.
- It eliminates the need to winterize your recreational vehicle as the ambient underground temperature is 54 degrees.
- Our dedicated team, simplified pricing, transparency of storage, and client choice in storage provide you with the best storage experience.
What is the difference between Humidity Controlled and Unconditioned Storage?
Humidity-controlled storage is our premium storage option.
- Humidity- Controlled Storage is available year-round.
- The controlled environment greatly reduces the risk of mold and mildew.
- The humidity levels in our enclosed rooms are continually monitored to ensure proper humidity levels are maintained. (Average humidity in this area is 65%)
- Desiccant products are not required but are considered an added layer of protection for your unit.
- Maximum unit height is under 11’5.
- Autos, Motorcycles, Jet Skis, and Snowmobiles must be placed in humidity-controlled storage.
Unconditioned Storage is our budget-friendly underground storage option available for Boats and RVs.
- Unconditioned Storage is available from September 1 st until May 31 st. It is not available during the summer months due to the high humidity levels.
- The underground ambient temperature is 54 degrees. Humidity is not controlled or monitored in the unconditioned areas.
- Winterization of your vehicle is not necessary.
- The humidity levels in this section are significantly higher as it is based on the outside temperature.
- There is a risk of mold and mildew with this type of storage.
- We recommend utilizing a desiccant product to assist with moisture control.
- Maximum height is under 12’5’.
How do I book my underground storage space?
- Click “Storage Request Form” or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the link to initiate booking your storage.
- The storage package will be emailed to you to complete.
- A signed storage agreement, payment, and vehicle registration are required to confirm your space.
- Storage payments are nonrefundable.
- Scheduled appointments are required for unit drop-off.
- There is a $75 rush fee applied to any walk-in without a confirmed storage space or scheduled drop-off appointment.
Do you have a minimum length of stay requirement?
- There is no minimum stay requirement.
- Lease terms are month-to-month.
What is the cost of storage?
- View the Pricing page on our website for specific information on the storage types available. Pricing is based on the height and length of your recreational vehicle.
- Specific Unconditioned Over-Height spaces are limited and require consultation with our Storage Specialist regarding rates and availability.
How are vehicles measured?
- Autos, Motorcycles, Jet skis, and Snowmobiles are not measured. The prices are based on the vehicle type, not measurements.
- RV’s, Boats, and other items are measured for height and length to confirm your monthly storage rate.
- Height is measured from the ground to the highest point (top of the AC)
- Length is measured end to end (tip to tail)
- All units must be measured prior to entering the underground facility.
Do you offer military discounts?
- Brady’s Bend proudly supports our military, and we thank you for your service.
- A 10% discount is offered to all active-duty military.
- A 5% discount is offered to all veterans.
- Valid Military ID will be verified.
Can I receive a quote for long-term storage?
- Upon request, we can provide you with a quote for long-term storage.
How should I prepare my vehicle for storage in an underground facility?
Here is the basic information for every vehicle.
- A Clean and Dry Unit (Inside and Outside) gives the best storage experience.
- Remove all garbage and perishable items.
- Clean all surfaces with mild soapy water to remove sunscreen lotions and oil products. This can contribute to mold/mildew. Refrain from using Armor-All.
- Spray the interior with Lysol Disinfectant.
- Damp Rid desiccant products are highly recommended to assist in absorbing moisture in your unit.
- Label all personal wheel chocks and hitch blocks left with your unit for storage.
- Remove all valuables.
Specific vehicle preparation and requirements are based on the unit type and storage selected. Please visit the “Tips & Tricks” section of our website for more specific details.
How does my vehicle get parked in the mine?
Easy Park Service
- For your convenience, we offer an Easy Park Service. This is a convenient way for you to drop off your unit with what works best for your schedule.
- After completing your storage agreement and payment, you can schedule your drop-off based on your availability – daytime, nighttime, or weekends. You park your unit in one of our designated parking areas, attach one of the hitch locks (if you prefer), and we will park it in the mine for you.
- There is an applicable Easy Park service fee for autos and motorhomes.
Mine Escort Service
- All unit storage preparation must be completed outside the mine prior to your scheduled appointment time. This includes disconnecting batteries, covering, and removing sway bars.
- You will be escorted into the mine by one of our experienced technicians to assist you in parking your unit as directed.
- Escort appointments are scheduled during our normal business hours with a specific scheduled appointment time. If you are late for your appointment, you may be required to reschedule.
- There is an applicable escort fee for boats, travel trailers, and miscellaneous vehicle escorts.
Do you offer added services to assist with maintaining my vehicle while in storage?
- We offer the following fee-based services:
- Vehicle start-ups – you decide the frequency.
- Mid-season unit checks with desiccant changes.
- Assistance with low tires and dead batteries
- We also partner with Seybert Automotive Services and Allegheny Power Sports to assist you with the routine maintenance and annual state inspections for your vehicle.
What if I forget something needed for my unit before I place it in storage?
- We offer the following retail items to assist with items forgotten:
- Sheets of plastic to protect against dust.
- Fuel and Marine Stabilizer
- Damp Rid desiccant buckets
- Hitch Pins and Locks.
Do I have access to my unit while in storage?
- You can schedule an appointment for a unit visit during our normal business hours Tuesday through Thursday.
- All visitors are required to be escorted to their unit.
- The technician will remain with you during your visit. No one is permitted in the facility unescorted.
- The allotted time for a visit is 30 minutes.
- Unit visits are not permitted during our heavy traffic seasons.
- No maintenance is permitted in the storage area.
- There is an applicable visit service fee.
- Since 2003 there has been over 3 million dollars invested in facility improvements including new entrances, docks, storage rooms, offices, water and sewage, backup generation, computer/phone systems and a fiber/electrical backbone.
- The mine had been in constant production for 100 years. Previously owned by the Bruce Family for over 60 years, the mine is currently under new ownership
- Our Storage Attendants are all figments of your imagination leading you to your innermost dreams and desires